10 Things About ‘The Four’ Winner James Graham
James Graham is the winner of The Four season 2 this year. James Graham has been a front-runner since his first performance of “I Can’t Make You Love Me” on the show. He has won the hearts of fans across the world and won the show! But this isn’t his first time on TV!
Here’s more about the “Diva Kick” himself:
- James Graham was born in Essex, England, on October 12, 1996. He is now 21 years old.
- James left school early to pursue a music career. He was able to get free recording sessions by volunteering at a local music studio in Essex.
- James auditioned for The X Factor UK Series 11 when he was 17. He sang James Morrison’s “You Give Me Something” in his Room Audition, then Adele’s version of “I Can’t Make You Love Me” in his Arena Audition, and was unanimously sent to the next round.
- James didn’t make it through the bootcamp stage of The X Factor UK. Luckily, the judges decided to put him and seven other soloists together to create a boy band. The first time the group performed together was hours later, when they sang a cover of the Leona Lewis song “Run.” Fans suggested names for the boy band through the ITV website and after over 46,000 entries, they landed on the name, Stereo Kicks. The Stereo Kicks finished The X Factor UK in fifth place. They released a single called “Love Me So” that charted in the UK but split up shortly after.
- James was known as “Diva Kick” in the Stereo Kicks because of his diva-like voice.
- James’ favorite food is pizza and he absolutely hates “salad cream,” which is comparable to mayonnaise. He won’t go anywhere near it!
- James’ favorite movie is “Dawn of the Planet of the Apes.”
- James has many tattoos. Some of the most noticeable are the red “BAD” and “THRILLER” tattoos on his forearm, in reference to Michael Jackson’s hit songs. James says the Michael Jackson “is the reason I started singing and the reason I fell in love with music.” He also has a tattoo of Peter Pan and one of a hand holding a timepiece.
- James fell under scrutiny during his time on The X Factor UK . An ex-girlfriend came forward and said he had dumped her after she miscarried his baby. A source close to James at the time said, “He isn’t proud of how he handled the situation or what he said to Molly. He realizes he should have been more sensitive and supportive but he panicked rather than think things through…He very much regrets the situation he and Molly found themselves in and how he dealt with it.”
- James debuted his first original single called “Viral” in 2017. The song, coincidentally, ended up in the Top 15 on the “United States Viral 50” playlist on Spotify shortly after its release.
If you want to hear more from James, check him out on Instgram: @itsjamesgraham_