10 Facts on ‘America’s Got Talent: The Champions’ Finalist Angelica Hale
11-year-old singer Angelica Hale is one of the latest finalists on America’s Got Talent: The Champions. Find out why she’s become one of the most successful contestants in the show’s history with these 10 facts!
1. Angelica was born in Atlanta, Georgia, where she still lives with her family. Her younger sister Abigail, however, was born in Santa Monica, California, while Angelica was competing on America’s Got Talent!
2. Angelica participated in America’s Got Talent Season 12 in 2017. She finished in second place, becoming the youngest runner-up in AGT history at the age of 10.
3. A couple of months after finishing her season of America’s Got Talent, Angelica performed in the 2017 Macy’s Thanksgiving Day Parade on the Sprout float. She sang “Girl on Fire”, reprising one of her viral AGT acts.
4. Angelica appeared on the show Little Big Shots twice in 2018, once in March and once towards the end for the show’s holiday special.
5. Angelica has been invited to sing the National Anthem at many sporting events. Most of these have been NFL games but she has also done so for the NHL, singing both ‘The Star-Spangled Banner’ and ‘O Canada’ at a home game for the Ottawa Senators – a Canadian hockey team – against the American Florida Panthers.
6. As a young child, Angelica caught a severe form of pneumonia and several of her organs – inclduing her lungs and kidneys – suffered serious damage. She was treated by Children’s Healthcare of Atlanta hospitals, and now gives back by performing at their charity events!
7. Angelica’s illness also lead to septic shock. She’s now a spokesperson for Children’s Miracle Network and Sepsis Alliance to help spread awareness about the condition and its symptoms.
8. We know Angelica can sing, but that’s not the only thing she’s using her voice for! She’s voicing the title character for Maya Unstoppable, an apocalyptic animated series currently in development.
9. In the summer of 2018, Angelica filmed her first movie, American Reject. The film is said to focus on a reality talent show hopeful after the competition is over, and will also feature Keala Settle, Annaleigh Ashford, and viral singer-turned The Four contestant Rebecca Black.
10. During America’s Got Talent Season 12, Angelica was awarded the coveted golden buzzer during the Judge Cuts round, sending her straight through to the live show. On AGT: The Champions, judge Howie Mandel also used his golden buzzer for the season on Angelica, sending her directly to the finals. While an act earning two golden buzzers within the Got Talent world was not an unprecedented circumstance, Angelica is currently the only contestant from the franchise with two American golden buzzers under her belt.