President Trump is campaigning for Sean Spicer to get some votes tonight on “Dancing With the Stars” using his favorite method of addressing the public aka Twitter. Can Spicer make it further on ‘DWTS’?
President Trump tweeted out his support for the former White House Press Secretary ahead of the next episode of ‘DWTS’
Spicer and President Trump’s History
In 2017, Sean Spicer resigned from his position as Press Secretary after telling the president he disagreed with his choice to hire Anthony Scaramucci as communications director, according to the New York Times. Scaramucci too ended up leaving the job after 10 days.
Before we delve deeper into the dynamics and audience reaction to Spicer being on DWTS, here us what he tweeted back to the president.
Spicer and ‘DWTS’ controversy
In a lengthy statement posted to Twitter on Tuesday, Tom Bergeron, the show’s host said he “offered suggestions” for Season 28 of “Dancing With the Stars” during a lunch meeting with the show’s new executive producer.
Spicer remains on good terms with the president and has told CNN, “I think this is an entertainment show,” adding that, “I look forward to having some fun. And if people are looking for news, I suggest they tune into a news program.”
So far, Spicer has survived the first four weeks of the program’s 28th season, dancing with pro partner Lindsay Arnold. The fifth episode, themed “Disney Night,” airs tonight on ABC.