After its massive success in the US, The Masked Singer is heading to Mexico! Joining a handful of other international versions, including the original in South Korea, the show hopes entertain Mexican audiences with its latest adaptation.
Here’s everything you need to know about the new version coming to Mexico.
- Mexican broadcaster Televisa and Endemol Shine Boomdog will be co-producing the Mexican adaptation of The Masked Singer in Spanish. They have officially licensed the format from MBC in South Korea.
- These two companies have also produced Mexican versions of Big Brother and Fear Factor. So there’s a proven track record of success under their belt!
- The basic format of the show will be similar to the US version. A group of celebrities in full costumes and elaborate masks sing to a panel of judges, while they try to guess their true identity. The celebrities range from singers to actors to athletes and everything in between!
- Both Televisa and Endemol Shine Boomdog are excited for the joint venture (as are we)! Eduardo Clemesha, VP of Entertainment at Televisa, said, “We are sure that the new version of The Masked Singer will become one of the most important links in the success chain, which already records this spectacular format internationally.” Alejandro Rincon, CEO, Endemol Shine Boomdog added, “This is a very special series and we can’t wait to share it with the Mexican audience.”
- We won’t have to wait long for the premiere! The show is set to be released in 2019.
There have been no announcements about who will appear on the judging panel or who will host the show. We don’t have a premiere date yet either! But we’re sure those details will come through soon. Especially since The Masked Singer will debut in Mexico by the end of the year.
Either way, we are definitely excited for The Masked Singer to go south of the border and deliver the show in Spanish for the first time!