Howie Mandel Shares that He is Okay After Fainting in Starbucks
Reading Time: 2 minutes
Our favorite America’s Got Talent judge, Howie Mandel, is home safe after being rushed to the hospital after fainting in a local Starbucks yesterday. This all-star comedian grew light-headed before losing consciousness, but was reportedly awake when medics arrived on-scene. Mandel Tweeted out that he was home and “doing better” last night.
Mandel was in a local Starbucks with his wife and friends when he unexpectedly fainted. It’s reported that he fell over and then had to lay on a cement bench to recover. Mandel was able to sit up on his own before paramedics arrived, but he was still rushed to a local hospital.
It has now been confirmed that this incident occurred from dehydration and low blood sugar. Before this instance, the AGT judge has been extremely open about his health concerns. He openly shares that he has obsessive-compulsive disorder and mysophobia (a fear of germs). He’s also recently shared that he had a colonoscopy and endoscopy in a TikTok video.
Social Media Blackout Frightens Fans
The comedian is typically extremely active on both his Twitter and TikTok so fans were concerned when his accounts went dark following the incident. It’s extremely out of character for him not to be active on social media so they knew something was wrong. Many fans were nervous after seeing the headlines.
As soon as the AGT judge went back on to his social media, he made sure everyone knows he is okay and he was getting the proper medical attention at the time. Fans shared their condolences with the celebrity. Most mentioned that they were scared , but are happy to hear he’s okay. Others shared foods he can bring with him that would help prevent this from occurring in the future.
This comedian has been so busy recently. Whether it be recording more of his podcast, hanging out with friends, or making TikToks, he’s quite busy for a 66 year-old. This even happened on the day after his appearance on The Ellen Degeneres Show. We hope he takes some well-earned time off to relax following the frightening incident.