Who is ‘The X Factor’ Judge Robbie Williams?
The X Factor UK viewers have been #blessed to have Robbie Williams as a judge, but how did Williams get his start? Here’s 10 facts about Robbie Williams.
1. In 1989, at 16 years young, Williams auditioned for a boy band called Take That. Take That went on to create several top hits, and took the 90’s pop world by storm.
2. After much success with the band, Williams left Take That to pursue a solo music career. It seems like a lot of boy bands followed the footsteps of this pop icon, leaving their band-mates behind to pursue a bigger dream.
3. After his highly publicized exit from the group, Williams first single was expected to hit the top of the charts. However, Williams debut solo Freedom came in as a close second, to a then up and coming girl group called…Spice Girls.
4. Williams is #winning as the best selling solo artist in the United Kingdom AND the best selling non-Latino artist of Latin America
5. The now X Factor judge has sold an earth shattering 75 million albums world wide…should we say that a little louder for the people in the back?
6. Superstardom runs in Williams family. Williams’ dad is comedian and singer Pete Conway.
7. Williams is quite the ladies man, dating some of the biggest names in showbiz. Throughout his career Williams had ties to stars like, Cameron Diaz, Anna Friel, and Nicole Appleton. Since then, Williams has settled down with actress (and fellow co-judge) Ayda Field. The pair have a beautiful daughter named Theodora Rose.
8. Williams has more BRIT awards than anyone…a whopping 18 to be exact.
9. Williams and Field were introduced by mutual friends back in 2007, and have been inseparable ever since.
10. Williams has yet to learn how to drive. The British superstar expressed in London you take cabs everywhere you go. Even though Williams has driving regrets, when you’ve reached that caliber of stardom…you can hire a driver!
What’s your fav fact about Robbie Williams?