A large draw to some of our favorite talent competition shows is the star power that resides at the judges table. These shows use big names and big personalities to critique the rising stars along their journey. Here’s a look at the top 10 judges we miss gracing our television screens.
1.Randy Jackson – “Yo Dog!” The very first panel of Judges on American Idol featured this skilled musician and successful record producer. Randy brought his broad knowledge of the music industry and his fun personality to the judges table.
2. Paula Abdul – “Dance like there’s no tomorrow” Another veteran of the original American Idol judges table, Paula was a kind and compassionate judge who would knew how to make the contestants feel good about themselves whether they made it through or not.
3. Alicia Keys – “This Girl is on Fire” Though we miss seeing this talented songstress critiquing up-and-coming talent on the show, she’s obviously living her best life, just coming off her first time hosting the Grammy’s on CBS.
4. Gwen Stefani – “This Sh** is Bananas!” The former No Doubt front woman and solo vocalist is arguably one of the biggest stars to grace the judges table on any talent competition show. She gave invaluable advice to contestants on The Voice that aided them in becoming the musicians they are today.
5. Nicki Minaj – “Hey Yo Miley, What’s Good?” The rapper/ singer alway had a fresh take on what was hot and relevant to todays audiences. She brought her perspective as a hip-hop icon to help cultivate the American Idol contestants careers throughout her time on the show.
6. Miley Cyrus – “Party in the U.S.A” The multi-talented entertainer and daughter of country star Billy Ray Cyrus was an enormous addition of star power to the judges table on The Voice. Considering that she recently became the new Mrs. Hemsworth we can’t blame her for having a schedule too busy to commit to the judges table on a network show.
7. Jennifer Lopez – “Jenny from the Block” The talented singer and silver screen actress was a vital component to the American Idol panel. She used her years of experience in entertainment to help usher the next generation of musicians through their journey into the modern music industry.
8. Mariah Carey – “Heart Breaker” American Idol contestants were extremely lucky to get tips from the vocal wonder with the illustrious career of someone like Mariah Carey. Mariah may be the most talented singer to sit in judgment of any contestant on a reality competition show.
9. Shakira – “Hips don’t lie” The Latina superstar was a welcome addition to The Voice, bringing her diverse perspective to a show that featured contestants from all cultures within the American music scene.
10. Britney Spears – “Leave Britney Alone!” The American singer was a vital component to the judges table on the X-Factor. Having experience as a young performer rising through the ranks as a singer, she had invaluable input to up-and-coming stars in the music business.