Simon Cowell Moved To Tears On ‘America’s Got Talent’-5 Times ‘Mr. Nasty’ Has Gotten Emotional On Air
Self proclaimed ‘Mr. Nasty’, Simon Cowell, broke down on America’s Got Talent this week, and let’s just say the water works were booming.
Cowell has always prided himself on having a hard exterior that can be difficult to break through. However, contestant Michael Ketterer sang so beautifully that Cowell was moved to tears.
Ketterer’s story is that of a saint. The soulful singer has rescued five boys….three from a methamphetamine lab, one from homelessness, and one that suffers from cerebral palsy, and accepted them into his family as his very own.
Host, Tyra Banks, approached the judges panel for their reactions post performance, and Cowell showed us a side of him that isn’t all too familiar…asking Banks to come back to him after his emotions were in order. To which the top model replied, “I’m not going to come back. I know you’re emotional and I want you to talk through it.” YES, TYRA! She continued, “Simon, that is one of the most beautiful moments I have ever seen of you, that vulnerability and that beauty, and that’s what a lot of people don’t know about Mr. Cowell is that he is a big soft papa.”
Cowell finally came to grips and stated, “As a dad I kinda get… I couldn’t… I can’t imagine what you’ve done…the fact you’re on this show and you really need this and are a really, really special guy. There’s something about you.”
Cowell may be considered a harsh judge, but deep down we all know he’s a big softy. Let’s talk about 5 times Cowell got emotional on air.
- America’s Got Talent 2018 — It wouldn’t be right to start this countdown off without listing Cowell’s most recent share of emotions on air. This countdown begins with Cowell’s reaction to Ketterer’s performance. Check it out below.
2. X Factor 2015 — Cowell became overwhelmed with emotion as singer Josh Daniel hit the stage with his rendition of Jealous, by Labrinth. Cowell had recently lost his mum Julie, and Daniel’s tunes had Cowell reminiscing over simpler times. Cowell speaking of his mother expressed, “I wasn’t really expecting what happened and of course the lyric of the song and it was quite difficult because I thought, ‘God this is going to be really hard to sit through this.’ But then you’ve got to think of him [the auditionee] and it’s his moment but yes it was very emotional.”
3. Britain’s Got Talent 2018 — Parish Priest, Ray Kelly, 64, hit the stage to perform R.E.M’s Everybody Hurts. Cowell immediately sang his praises to Kelly after literally taking us to church. Cowell expressed his immense gratitude saying, “This is everything we’ve been waiting for, genuinely.” Cowell was beaming, and overwhelmed with joy, as Kelly exited the stage. Okay, so maybe Cowell isn’t crying…but at least he’s showing us something different than his signature eye roll.
4. Britain’s Got Talent 2015 — Family band, The Neals, were able to appeal to Cowell’s better nature. “God what’s happened to me?” Cowell joked after the performance. The Neales is a band made up of solicitor Laurie Neale and his three sons, that sang Cat Stevens classic “Father and Son”. Since becoming a dad, the music mogul has really softened his exterior.
5. America’s Got Talent Season 12 Semi-Finals — Contestants of all ages have the ability to hit Cowell’s soft spot. Evie Clair did just that following an emotionally charged performance, that left the entire crowd stunned. Clair had sadly lost her dad previously, and dedicated this heartfelt ballad to her late father. Cowell became emotional as he gave Clair her well-deserved appreciation. Check out Clair’s groundbreaking performance below. We can’t wait to see where this little ladies angelic voice takes her!
Sure, Cowell can be tough, but underneath all of that…the music mogul proves he has real emotions, just like you and me.