‘AGT’ Season 13 Live Show #3 Power Rankings
We saw the last of the America’s Got Talent Season 13 quarter-finals yesterday, which means it’s time for more power rankings!
Only seven of the 12 acts who performed last night can advance to the semi-finals, and I think I have a pretty good idea of who some of them might be. One by one, I’ll list the acts I think are most to least likely to go through, based on audience feedback about the acts and how viewers have voted in the previous live shows.
- Zurcaroh: Not only the standout act of the night, but one I think has one of the best chances to win the entire season. I was worried not having seen this group in nearly three months would result in viewers being less in them, but based on the overwhelmingly positive and enthusiastic response they got last night I don’t think we have to worry about that!
- Daniel Emmet: I wrote that conspiracy theory post about Daniel potentially winning the season to be funny, but after last night that doesn’t seem too far out of the realm of possibility. His underdog story of being a wildcard and that fact that he sang a song people recognized in a different way from how they were used to hearing it seem to have drawn a lot of viewers to root for him.
- Michael Ketterer: Before last night’s episode aired, I thought Michael was going to be the standout act of the night that everyone was talking about. While I don’t think he quite reached that level of popularity, his performance was solid and I have a feeling the emotion surrounding it will be more than enough to secure him a spot in the top 5 tonight.
- Christina Wells: Christina seems to be another contestant who wasn’t quite the first name on everyone’s lips after the show, but liked plenty enough that she’ll pass through with relative ease tonight. I wouldn’t be surprised if she gets taken out in the mass exodus of singers we tend to get in the semi-finals, but I’d be surprised if tonight was her time to go.
- Brian King Joseph: While there wasn’t that much hype about Brian last night (I honestly thought his story would bring him more) he does seem decently well-liked and seems to be someone a lot of people are voting for.
- Us The Duo: While I wouldn’t be too surprised if they managed to nab themselves a spot in the top 5, I think it’s more likely they end up on the bubble this week. Either way, I think they have a pretty good shot at making it to the semi-finals.
- Joseph O’Brien: I really can’t tell what the general consensus on Joseph is. He certainly wasn’t universally loved, but did seem to be getting more support than some of the other acts in this group. I feel like he’s going to be up for the Dunkin’ Save but I also wouldn’t be surprised to see him hit top 5 or bottom 4.
- Rob Lake: Rob didn’t get a very good response from the audience, and not a lot of people I saw claimed to be voting for him. However, for some reason it would not surprise me to see him somehow make it to the bubble tonight. I doubt he’d actually win the Dunkin’ Save, but he could potentially be the judges’ choice act depending on who was standing beside him.
- Hans: Color me surprised, but it seems like Hans has quite a few fans. Yes, a lot of people dislike him, but it’s not like we can cast votes to send someone home, so if enough viewers enjoyed him, he might make it to tonight’s middle ground. Though I do kind of feel this might be another Sacred Riana situation with the internet adoring him but a lot of the general viewing demographic not being so into his whole schtick.
- Aaron Crow: It pains me to put Aaron this low, because out of everyone on this week I feel like he has the most potential to bring us something really cool in the semi-finals. However, I have a feeling that red buzzer from Mel is going to be the kiss of death for him.
- UDI: The judges were way too hard on this act for some reason, and I think if the feedback from them had been more positive we could have seen them in the Dunkin’ Save with a chance to go through. However, the judges do tend to have a level of influence over the audience, and for that reason they’re probably done.
- The Future Kingz: I have heard virtually nothing about this act since their segment aired last night. I feel like everyone just kind of forgot about them, which obviously doesn’t bode well for their chances to move forward.
America’s Got Talent results are on NBC tonight at 8/7c.