5 Facts About ‘AGT’ Golden Buzzer Choirs Voices Of Hope and Angel City Chorale
It’s crazy to think that just two weeks ago, no choir had ever received a Golden Buzzer on America’s Got Talent…and now two of them have! Here are some things to know about Ken Jeong and Olivia Munn’s respective choices for the coveted GB.
Voices Of Hope Children’s Choir
- Voices Of Hope features children and youth from Kindergarten all the way up to 12th Grade, and currently has over 70 members.
- The performers are split into tiers based on age, and singers do performances with the rest of their section as well as part of a full choir with all the singers together. Since they’re competing on AGT as the large group on, we get to see all of the Voices Of Hope vocalists on the show!
- In addition to the regular Voices Of Hope choir currently competing on AGT, the company is also home to an auditioned a capella group for girls in 8th-12th grade. Potential Season 14 act, perhaps?
- Sarah Grandpré, the director of the choir, has lots of experience performing herself, including as a soloist at Carnegie Hall!
- Voices Of Hope aims for its young vocalists to “uplift the spirits of all who listen and to learn positive self esteem and teamwork along the way”.
Angel City Chorale
- Angel City Chorale invites those 18 and above to audition twice a year. The current iteration of the group features 160 vocalists between the ages of 19 and 88.
- Even before their AGT audition performance of ‘Africa’ aired, a video posted on ACC’s YouTube channel of the choir singing the song was already a viral hit. (To date, it has over 10 million views!)
- ACC has participated in a lot of charity work over the years. In addition to performing and donating supplies to various service organizations in the LA area on their annual “Tour Of Hope”, the group has also performed in South Africa in support of the Amy Biehl Foundation.
- In addition to leading the choir, director Sue Fink is also a singer-songwriter. She’s even released two albums of original music!
- 2018 marks 25 years of ACC – and performing on AGT seems like the perfect way to celebrate!