10 Things You Need to Know About Red Marlow
[vc_row][vc_column][vc_column_text]Blake Shelton loves Red Marlow, and The Voice‘s country fans do, too. With epic renditions of Chiseled in Stone and The Church on Cumberland Road, Red has staked out a country niche that may just outshine the rockers, jazz crooners, and blues singers of Season 13.
At 40, Red is older than most of his fellow competitors. His life has taken some interesting twists and turns to get him to this point. Here are 10 fun facts about the country star that Adam called “as real as it gets.”
- Red’s country personality isn’t an act. “I really, truly live that lifestyle,” he said in an interview, and proudly calls himself a “goofy hillbilly.” His hobbies include fishing, hunting, and skeet-shooting.
- He has a history with his coach: He wrote Nobody But Me for Blake in 2004.
- Red also wrote songs for other artists and had some success in the music industry before The Voice. He was a demo singer for 15 years and released three EP’s; most of the songs he wrote himself.
- He even has his own lined of branded shirts!
- After a while, he needed a more stable job to support his family. So he opened a construction business called Mr. Fix All.
- His fans are called RedHeads, of course.
- The betting site Gold Derby asked its members who they thought would win. 21% said Red, a high percentage for a field of 12 contestants.
- His hobbies include classic cars. Right now, he’s selling a restored 1977 Chevy 4×4.
- Rolling Stone says Red “has a sound that channels Garth Brooks.”
- His Alabama community is behind him!
Blake has taken other country singers all the way to the championship. Can he do it again with Red Marlow? Stay tuned…