10 Things You Need to Know About Chloe Kohanski
[vc_row][vc_column][vc_column_text]The betting site Gold Derby ran a survey for its fans, asking who would win Season 13 of The Voice. 52 percent said Chloe Kohanski.
The 23-year-old from Nashville has already blown everyone away with her renditions of The Chain, I Am Woman, and Thank You. Whether or not she wins this season, Chloe has a bright future ahead of her. Here’s what to know about the psychedelic-rock singer as her career takes off:
- Before she went solo, Chloe was a singer in a blues band, and she wants to keep that influence in her music. “I want to have a combination of the emotion and the desperation that blues music has, but in a modern way,” she said in an interview.
- After the band, she was in an acoustic duo with a guy, singing “very sad songs.”
- Chloe is an ever bigger fan of psychedelic rock, which includes artists like the Grateful Dead, Jimi Hendrix, the Steve Miller Band, and Grace Slick.
- She pointed out to our Jack in an interview that, for her performance of The Chain, her shoes were blue, her pants were red, and her fringed jacket was white. “It was an American rock tribute.”
- Chloe loves the classics. She told Jack, “If I cover a song, it is old. I don’t cover modern music. I just write, and I do old songs. That’s just my thing.”
- Chloe’s dating a photographer, Hunter Airheart, which accounts for some of her awesome photos on Instagram:
- Hunter’s non-Chloe pics are pretty artistic too.
- As for future Voice performances, she hinted in another interview, “Maybe I’ll bring a little more personality. A little bit more me…the real me.” What would that entail? Well, she also confessed, “I’m kind of weird.”
- Chloe is heavily influenced by Stevie Nicks. She told Jack, “I want to be a storyteller, and I feel like Stevie Nicks is that. She painted very beautiful, almost majestic, pictures with her words.”
- She may be favored to win, but Chloe says the biggest benefit of the competition is “the other people we meet. We all have the same dream, and that’s what makes it so easy to get close. I think I’ve made friends for the rest of my life.”
In a field of 12, getting 52% of the vote is an amazing accomplishment. Whatever the outcome of this season, Chloe Kohanski will be bringing her unique style of rock to fans for a long time.