10 Things You Didn’t Know About ‘The Voice’ Finalist Chris Kroeze
With the reveal of the final 4 on Tuesday night, season 15 of The Voice is quickly coming to a close. Team Blake finalist Chris Kroeze has shown to be a bit of a dark horse in the competition this year, coming into his own with his performance of Burning House during the knockout round. So before the winner is crowned, here are ten things you didn’t know about the 28 year-old country rock singer-songwriter!
- The long-locked singer is very vocal about his hometown of Barron, Wisconsin and is a huge Green Bay Packers fan!
- Chris uses his music as a way to give back to the community and has sung at several elementary schools in his area, and was even surprised by a group of kids dressed in fake beards and flannel shirts!
- He opened for Kentucky country music duo Montgomery Gentry at the Wisconsin Aquafest festival back in 2016, and will be headlining the same event in 2019!
- Chris has an adorable boxer mastiff named Meatloaf, as well as two cats and several goats.
- Chris is passionate about the importance of family and has two kids, daughter Bella and son Fynlee, with his wife, Mara.
- Chris released his EP A Chris Kroeze Christmas in 2016 featuring his covers of Grandma Got Run Over by a Reindeer, Walking in a Winter Wonderland, and Silent Night.
- He also likes to give back to his community by performing for US troops overseas, and has been to both Kuwait and Jordan in the last two years.
- He performed the national anthem, guitar and all, at a Timberwolves v. Cavaliers game in October.
- Chris is pals with former The Voice season 6 contestant (and Packers rival Minnesota Vikings fan) Kat Perkins, face timing with her tour!
- Chris’ Voice cover of The Marshall Tucker Band’s Can’t You See landed him at number 41 on Apple Music’s top songs list.
Make sure to check out Chris Kroeze on Instagram @chriskroezemusic for more!