10 Things You Need to Know About Noah Mac of ‘The Voice’
At the age of seven, Noah Mac began studying musical theater. At 10, he taught himself to play piano. By 15, he was playing guitar and writing songs. Now, at 17, Noah has released an EP and is only a few steps away from winning The Voice.
Noah’s high-energy rendition of Duran Duran’s Ordinary World earned him the votes to advance to the final eight. Could this self-taught teenage heartthrob defeat more experienced singers? Here are 10 fun facts about the young man giving America a Mac Attack.
- He says his sister is his biggest inspiration. She died from cancer when she was 19 and he was seven. At her funeral, he sang her favorite song, Judy and the Dream of Horses. It’s that performance that awakened him to his love of music.
- He’s glad Jennifer stole him from Blake’s team. As he told Mel in an exclusive Talent Recap interview, “J-Hud had a better understanding of who I was, and she really accepted that.”
- Fans have created artworks of Noah, which he proudly displays on Instagram.
- His cover of James Bay’s Hold Back the River hit #5 on iTunes’ Rock chart, while his awesome rendition of Phil Collins’ In the Air Tonight made it to #1.
- After Noah’s performance of Coldplay’s Speed of Sound, Adam described him in this bizarre way: “You remind me of Back to the Future. You look like you are from the ’50s but you are trapped in the future. It is a weird combination that freaks me out but I like it.”
- Mel asked Noah about his hair as well. He replied, “Usually I just throw some gel in it and it just does whatever it wants to!”
- Noah describes his style as “a modern raw indie sound influenced by old-school rhythm and blues.”
- His coach, Jennifer, told him, “You are a star. You are so unique. I can see you winning awards. You are it. There is no doubt in my mind.”
- Noah has been dating his girlfriend, Christine, for two years. They have some cute photos on Instagram.
- If Noah could have one superpower? “Oh, I would fly. I’ve always had a dream to fly. That feeling of flying would be the best thing in the world.”
He sings, he write his own songs, he plays piano, he strums guitar, and he has great hair. Noah already has sky-high potential; winning The Voice could send him into the stratosphere.