Evvie McKinney blew away the judges and easily took Kendyle Paige’s seat last week on The Four: Battle for Stardom. The soulful Memphis singer is a fan favorite, but does she have what it takes to win ‘The Four’ and beat sure-thing Zhavia? Get to know this new arrival.
10 Facts About Evvie McKinney
- She describes herself as a singer, songwriter, actress, dancer, and producer.
- She writes songs, but you can’t hear them; her SoundCloud account is empty.
- Evvie McKinney has one of the best smiles on TV, which she attributes to Colgate!
- She has toured all over the country, and the UK, performing with artists that include Eddie Floyd, Sam, Moore, and Darleen Love.
- Evvie McKinney is the youngest of seven children and has been singing since the age of three.
- Evvie learned gospel from her father, a gospel singer who has since passed away. “My father is the reason why I sing today. Every time I get on that stage — there hasn’t been one time, where I haven’t said — ‘Daddy, this is for you.'”
- She posted a fantastic cover of Beyoncé’s Love Drought that you just have to watch.
- Want Evvie McKinney to follow you on Twitter? She offers some simple instructions:
- She just launched a website that showcases her social platforms and some of her original songs.
- The betting site Gold Derby ran a poll asking fans who they wanted to win. Zhavia is, of course, the heavy favorite, but Evvie is in second place with 15% of the vote.
Be sure to join Talent Recap and cheer on your favoring singer during our live pre-show and post-show for The Four finale!