10 Things To Know About ‘American Idol’s Cade Foehner
One of the artists on this year’s season of American Idol that’s made a huge splash, (and made Katy blush), is definitely Cade Foehner. The rocker with the perfect hair has made it into the top 5 and we think he may be in the final 3. And why not? The guy is super talented. But let’s get to know Cade a little better.
- Cade is from Shelbyville, TX not too far from where I grew up. I should have asked him a question about barbecue when I interviewed him. Damn.
- Cade is still pretty young at only 21-years-old.
- He’s a devout Christian and began playing in Church, “I’ve been playing music for a while, but I started out in church. The first time I ever played in front of anybody was in the praise and worship band. That’s always played a part in developing me as a musician.
- He’s currently dating Gabby Barrett, another favorite to win the show. He told me that’s it’s pretty casual right now as they are both concentrating on the show.
- What does Cade want to be when he grows up? A pastor. A pastor who rocks out for Jesus. He’s studying theology at Liberty University. He says, “Other contestants on the show, when they found out I am studying biblical theology, they started coming up to me and sitting with me during breakfast and asking me different questions about it.”
- But his biggest musical influence is far from Christian rock. His favorite band is Led Zeppelin. He says, “Guitar-wise, Jimmy Page, and then, you know, vocally, Robert Plan. I hope I can hit somewhere in the middle of those two, usually, when I perform.” That’s a high bar to aspire to.
- Katy Perry was crushing on Cade. Hard. I’m not sure it was an act. Katy seems lonely.
- Like a lot of Idol contestants he also auditioned for The Voice back in season 11 but no one turned for him. Mistake.
- If you want to see something awesome go to his YouTube page and watch his cover of Wish You Were Here by Pink Floyd.
- Mel and I think he’ll be in the top 3.