10 Things About ‘AGT’s Michael Ketterer
One of the most inspiring acts from last night’s auditions episode of America’s Got Talent was Michael Ketterer. This guy is something else, truly inspiring, and his rendition of The Bee Gee’s To Love Somebody brought the house down and caused Simon Cowell to hit his Golden Buzzer. But just who is Michael Ketterer?
- Michael is a native of Knoxville, TN.
- He moved to California to pursue his career and worship opportunities.
- He is a pediatric nurse and specializes in caring for kids with mental and emotional problems.
- He and his wife Ivey have one daughter of their own and they adopted five additional kids from foster care. Michael said, “It took my daughter three years to convince us to adopt. After we went through the process of getting certified to adopt, our very first call that we got were for three little boys. I promise I’m not making this up.”
- He is also a worship leader at his local church.
- A devout Christian, he was part of the Knoxville Christian music group United Pursuit.
- Michael also works with Influence Music which is a faith-based record label.
- He has released 5 albums that have met with some success.
- He auditioned for AGT to be a hero to his kids. He said, “Every daddy likes to think they’re a hero to their kids. I feel like ‘America’s Got Talent’ could absolutely change my family’s life. You know, one of the things that happens, especially because my children came out of foster care, when you’re surviving, you can’t dream. And that has been one of the most rewarding things is providing them with a home and safe environment where they are free to dream, and so I’m here because I want to show them that if their dad can live out his dreams then nothing is impossible for them.”
- If Simon thinks he might win…he might win.