10 Things About Britton Buchanan
One of the favorites from day one on this season of The Voice is Britton Buchanan. He was one of the first to get through. Since then he has been consistently one of the best performers on the show. Britton is Mel’s favorite on The Voice this year and it’s easy to see why. Britton never disappoints. But who is Britton Buchanan?
- Britton is a nice Southern boy from Sanford, NC.
- He may sing like he’s a grizzled old soul singer but he’s only 18 years old.
- Britton not only found fame on The Voice, he also found love. He’s been dating his fellow contestant Livia Faith since the show started.
- Britton was the first artist to ever be blocked on the show. Blake blocked Adam from getting him and he ended up on team Alicia. He’s glad that happened. He said, “Someone was looking out for me with that one. I’ve thought about that a lot. I’ll never know where I would have been had I not gone with her. If I went with Adam or if I went with Blake, would I still be here? So, every day is a blessing, waking up and knowing that I made the right choice.”
- Even though Britton was born in 2000, his influences are far older. Classic rock mostly. Who can forget him singing John Mellencamp’s Small Town?
- Britton revealed a Voice behind-the-scenes secret: they don’t do the artist’s laundry for them. “I’ve successfully transitioned the laundry from the washer to the dryer,” said the Sanford teenager and artist on NBC’s “The Voice.” “They do not do your laundry, you’ve got to do your own laundry. I think that’s a small price to pay.”
- He played the lead roll of Danny in his high school’s production of Grease. I was Putzy once in high school because I’m not cool enough to be Danny.
- Britton started performing early…real early. He said, “I started performing when I was about 10 or 11 at a local theater here in Sanford. But musically I think I was about 12 years old when I started in song and dance. Then it kind of took off from that.”
- Alicia Keys LOOOOVEEES him. She said, “The swag is on 30 million. You are so unique. Your exponential growth in weeks is unbelievable. You are spectacular and you smashed that.”
- Mel and I are convinced he’ll be in the final 4. Maybe even final 2.