10 Fun Facts About Rak-Su of ‘The X Factor UK’
It’s no doubt that the highest-energy act on this season of The X Factor UK is Rak-Su. The beatboxing boys from Watford, northwest of London, seem to set the stage on fire every time they perform — and they don’t even stick to the stage, sometimes scattering into the audience to give fans a close-up experience.
With catchy original songs and the intense love of all four X Factor judges, Rak-Su is destined for great things. Here are 10 fun facts about a group that’s going to end up on your playlist…if it’s not there yet.
- Their name comes from the phrase “tracks vs. suits,” meaning “music and fun vs. boring adult life”. As their website says, “This is a conundrum the boys live, and the aim is to keep making more music, and spread more vibes.”
- Their musical genre is unique. They describe it as ranging from “future R&B, to hip-hop and grime, to spoken word.”
- The line-up is:
- Jamaal (left), singer, songwriter
- Ashley (front), rapper songwriter, poet
- Myles (back), rapper, producer
- Mustafa (right), DJ, dancer, beatboxer
- There have been rumors about Myles flirting with at least two women on the show. First was Cheryl Tweedy, who was briefly a judge for this season. Eventually her boyfriend, One Direction’s Liam Payne, said he had to “keep an eye” on Myles. Now, supposedly, Myles is attracted to one of the show’s researchers, spending a lot of time with her at the contestants’ house.
- The group writes its own songs and has an EP, Dive, on Spotify.
- Rak-Su has performed original songs on the show, including Dimelo and Mona Lisa. Their song I’m Feeling You hit #1 on iTunes.
- When they spent a weekend back in Watford ahead of the final rounds, they were mobbed by their hometown fans.
- Watford is right by Leavesden Film Studios, where all the Harry Potter movies were shot!
- Before The X Factor, the boys said their biggest thrill was performing in Paris.
- They say their musical influences “differ massively” from each other, but they generally agree on Usher, J Dilla, J-Cole, The Notorious B.I.G., and the Soulection Movement.
Rak-Su seems to have the inside track on winning this season. Do you think they can do it? Who’s your favorite member? What’s your favorite Rak-Su song? Let us know in the comments!