10 Facts on ‘America’s Got Talent: The Champions’ Finalist Brian Justin Crum
On last week’s episode of America’s Got Talent: The Champions, the “50 States” voted to send singer Brian Justin Crum to the finals. Brian has actually done some other pretty cool things in his career as a performer, so here are 10 facts about the latest Champions finalist!
1. Brian was born and raised in San Diego, California. This was also where he developed his passion for performing, attending the city’s School of Creative and Performing Arts.
2. Brian first started doing professional theater at age 17. His first credit in that field was as a Universal Swing in the musical Wicked. Swings understudy several ensemble “tracks” (group of small roles played by the same person) in a show, and universal swings are always on call to perform in any of the show’s production in the country. So Brian was bouncing around the country a lot during his tenure with Wicked!
3. Stephen Schwartz, who did the music and lyrics for Wicked, soon became a mentor to Brian. The two have performed onstage alongside each other, including in the musical Jesus Christ Superstar.
4. After his contract with Wicked ended, Brian soon moved to New York City. He was part of the Broadway productions of Altar Boyz and Grease. He eventually ended up in the Broadway cast of one of his favorite shows: Next to Normal. During his tenure with the production, he performed in a musical theater concert entitled Nowhere Near Normal alongside several notable members of the Broadway community including the aforementioned Stephen Schwartz. He also performed at the Broadway Impact concert with other theater alumni.
5. Brian’s acting career has also taken him on National theatrical tours and to television – he had a guest starring spot on Law & Order: SVU in Season 12!
6. In 2015, Brian released a duet with Pretty Little Liars star Janel Parrish called “Lay Me Down”.
7. In 2016, Brian competed on America’s Got Talent Season 16. He made it all the way to the finals and ultimately finished in fourth place.
8. After his time on AGT, Brian released his debut solo single called “Wild Side”.
9. Brian has also performed at various events with other singers, such as Olympic athlete event “Gold Meets Golden” with Rumer Willis.
10. Brian returned to AGT for Champions, and was selected via the vote to advance from the first round to the finals.
Christina Aguilera Shades ‘The Voice’ on ‘Watch What Happens Live’
Some The Voice fans miss seeing Christina Aguilera as a coach, but from the sounds…