10 Facts About Fan-Favorite ‘AGT’ Act Zurcaroh
One of the biggest breakout acts to come from the current season of America’s Got Talent has been Zurcaroh, and it’s easy to see why. The dance and acrobatics group has consistently delivered top-notch performances, earning themselves a place in the season finale!
Check out 10 facts about the group and their unique Got Talent “career” below!
- Founded by Peterson da Cruz Hora, Zurcaroh originated in Brazil in 2007 before reforming in Austria two years later in 2009.
- The group has performed all over the world over the years. Their first international appearance was in Switzerland back in 2011, and another highlight of the group’s history was their participation in the 2015 World Gymnaestrada in Finland.
- In addition to their live acts, Zurcaroh recently made a short film titled The Refuge. The movie is about a child finding solace in sports and the arts during tough times at home.
- Zurcaroh consists of 48 performers. That number is so high that some of them are forced to await their fate in the audience instead of onstage during AGT results shows!
- There is a wide age range of performers in the act; the oldest member is 40, while the youngest is just seven years old!
- While their live routines are always professional-looking, Zurcaroh accepts performers of all skill levels, even novices. They must have a very good coaching team, because their performances are always on point!
- AGT host Tyra Banks used her Season 13 Golden Buzzer on Zurcaroh to send them straight through to the live shows. This made them the first acrobatics group to receive an AGT Golden Buzzer!
- History repeats itself: Back when the group participated in Season 12 of La France a un incroyable talent, David Ginola – the host of that show – used his Golden Buzzer to send them directly to the final round of the competition!
- That makes Zurcaroh the only act to receive a Golden Buzzer on both America’s Got Talent and an international version of the show!
- Zurcaroh officially became a top 10 AGT act on September 5, 2018. And based on the positive buzz they’ve been getting, I’d say they ave a pretty good shot at winning the competition!
You can see Zurcaroh and the other America’s Got Talent Season 13 finalists perform one last time on the show when the finals begin Tuesday at 8/7c on NBC. Then on Wednesday, the special two-hour finale will begin at 8/7c during which the contestants will perform with special guest stars and the newest champion will be announced.