10 Facts About ‘AGT’ Finalist Vicki Barbolak
There are only ten spots in the America’s Got Talent finale, and this year, two of them are held by comedians! Here are 10 facts about the spicy, naughty, and #TrailerNasty fan-favorite, Vicki Barbolak.
- Many performers began practicing their craft from a very young age, but in Vicki’s case, she didn’t discover her calling until she signed up for a stand-up comedy class at age 38.
- The next natural step for Vicki was to start performing at comedy clubs in the area. As a Southern California native, LA comedy spot The Comedy Store became a major hotspot for her to perform her sets about family and trailer park life, and she soon began working closely with the club’s owner, Mitzi Shore.
- In fact, The Comedy Store has had such a lasting impact on Vicki’s career that she was part of the E! True Hollywood Story episode focusing on the venue.
- Speaking of television, Vicki has made various appearances performing and discussing her comedy on programs such as What’s Up Orange County, Kiki Mndelez’ Hot Tamales Live, and, of course, America’s Got Talent.
- In addition to stand-up, Vicki has also dabbled in acting, appearing in short films Accidentally on Purpose and Call Me Crazy.
- She’s even nabbed a role a feature film – 2010’s Pickin’ and Grinnin’!
- Vicki’s skills have proved to lend themselves nicely to weddings. She offers her comedic services in performing marriage and vow renewal ceremonies through her company, Wedding Chapel to Go.
- In 2007, Vicki competed on the third season of The Search For The Funniest Mom in America on Nick at Nite. She went on the win the $50,000 grand prize at the end of the competition.
- Vicki has started a fun online campaign to promote her AGT act, using hashtags like #TrophyWife, #TrailerNasty, and #MakeAmericaFunnyAgain on Twitter in hopes of attracting more potential voters. And it seems to be working; #TrailerNasty was trending on the site during her quarter-finals episode, and she’s now made the season finale without ever having to compete for a results show save!
- Vicki is the first female stand-up artist to make it to the AGT top 10 since Season 4’s Grandma Lee.
You can catch Vicki and the rest of the America’s Got Talent finalists when they perform for the million-dollar prize tomorrow night at 8/7c on NBC, and again on Wednesday at 8/7c for the two-hour season finale when the Season 13 champion will be crowned.