10 Facts On ‘AGT’ Finalist Daniel Emmet
Daniel Emmet has had quite the journey on America’s Got Talent, one of the most unique in the show’s history. And it’s not even over yet! The opera singer has made it into the Season 13 finals, and still has a chance to win the million dollar prize tomorrow night. Here are 10 facts about the opera singer’s career and wild ride on AGT thus far!
- Daniel was born in Rochester, New York, and began training to become an opera singer at the age of 15.
- Not only has Daniel performed concerts in Las Vegas, his vocal training took place in the city too! So I’m sure he’ll be right at home if he’s part of the America’s Got Talent Live! show there in November!
- Daniel’s first major performance was at a charity gala event for the Nevada Childhood Cancer Foundation when he was in high school, an organization he continues to work with to this day.
- After high school, he went on to complete an undergraduate degree in music at Chapman University.
- Daniel can sing in seven different languages, including English, French, German, Italian, Latin, Russian, and Spanish.
- He has performed in concert with Broadway and Carnegie Hall pianist Philip Fortenberry.
- Season 13 wasn’t actually Daniel’s first crack at AGT. He made it past the first round of auditions before being cut back in Season 6. Unfortunately, we’ll likely never see the footage of his performance since his footage from that season was never televised.
- Daniel has never advanced in the traditional way on AGT. During his audition, Simon Cowell had him perform a second song before making his decision. Daniel was then eliminated in the Judge Cuts round, only to be brought back for the first round of live shows as a wildcard. He then ended up winning the Dunkin’ Save in his episode of the quarter-finals and the judges’ choice spot during the semi-finals. What a ride he’s been on these past several months!
- By winning the judges’ pick vote in the semi-finals, Daniel joins Season 12 contestant Evie Clair as the only act on AGT to be saved from “the bubble” twice.
- In the history of the current format of AGT (the one used since Season 10) Daniel is the only wildcard act to make it all the way to the season finale as one of the last 10 acts standing in the competition.
Be sure to tune in to America’s Got Talent at 8/7c on NBC Tuesday and Wednesday night for the Season 13 finals and finale!